India’s economy grows less than expected in Q1
The economists argued that the performance of especially the banking and the construction sectors was not good and they need to improve in order to support the economy in the near term.
The country’s GDP for the whole financial year of 2017 increased by 7.1% in line with expectations.
The data also showed that exports rose by 6.7% on a yearly basis from 4.7%. However, the growth in other sectors were reported to be slower with increases of 5.3% in manufacturing from 8.2%; 2.2% in financial services from 3.3% and 5.2% in agriculture from 6.9%. The data revealed a further contraction in construction sector by 3.7% from 3.4%.
Meanwhile, mining was the only sector to have posted an annual growth of 6.4% from 1.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets