India’s economy grows less than expected in Q1
The economists argued that the performance of especially the banking and the construction sectors was not good and they need to improve in order to support the economy in the near term.
The country’s GDP for the whole financial year of 2017 increased by 7.1% in line with expectations.
The data also showed that exports rose by 6.7% on a yearly basis from 4.7%. However, the growth in other sectors were reported to be slower with increases of 5.3% in manufacturing from 8.2%; 2.2% in financial services from 3.3% and 5.2% in agriculture from 6.9%. The data revealed a further contraction in construction sector by 3.7% from 3.4%.
Meanwhile, mining was the only sector to have posted an annual growth of 6.4% from 1.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets
- China PE market continues to see downward corrections amid impending holiday