India’s economy slows down in July-Sept period
The increase was attributed to stronger mining and services sectors as well as stronger-than-expected farming after a monsoon season. The country’s mining sector expanded by 1.9% year over year in the July-September period, while the manufacturing sector was up 0.1% compared with the same period of the last fiscal year. Electricity, gas and water supply increased by 8.7% year over year in the last three months ended in September and the country’s farm sector was up 3.2%, slowing down from a 5% increase recorded in the same period of the last fiscal year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons