India’s economy slows down in July-Sept period
The increase was attributed to stronger mining and services sectors as well as stronger-than-expected farming after a monsoon season. The country’s mining sector expanded by 1.9% year over year in the July-September period, while the manufacturing sector was up 0.1% compared with the same period of the last fiscal year. Electricity, gas and water supply increased by 8.7% year over year in the last three months ended in September and the country’s farm sector was up 3.2%, slowing down from a 5% increase recorded in the same period of the last fiscal year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion