India’s economy slows down in July-Sept period
The increase was attributed to stronger mining and services sectors as well as stronger-than-expected farming after a monsoon season. The country’s mining sector expanded by 1.9% year over year in the July-September period, while the manufacturing sector was up 0.1% compared with the same period of the last fiscal year. Electricity, gas and water supply increased by 8.7% year over year in the last three months ended in September and the country’s farm sector was up 3.2%, slowing down from a 5% increase recorded in the same period of the last fiscal year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?