India’s exports and imports continue to fall in Mar
Imports, meanwhile, posted a larger decrease of 21.6% to reach $27.8 billion in March, bringing India’s trade deficit to $5.1 billion from $11.4 billion in March 2015. In March, oil imports declined 35.3% on the year to $4.8 billion while non-oil imports also dipped by 17.9% to $22.9 billion. Gold imports plunged 80.5% to $972.9 million compared with $4.9 billion in the same month of 2015.
In the April-March period, exports declined by 15.9% to $261.1 billion compared to $310.3 billion in the same period of the previous Indian fiscal year while imports slid 15.3% to $379.6 billion. In this period, India’s trade deficit was reported at $118.5 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion