India’s exports and imports continue to fall in Mar
Imports, meanwhile, posted a larger decrease of 21.6% to reach $27.8 billion in March, bringing India’s trade deficit to $5.1 billion from $11.4 billion in March 2015. In March, oil imports declined 35.3% on the year to $4.8 billion while non-oil imports also dipped by 17.9% to $22.9 billion. Gold imports plunged 80.5% to $972.9 million compared with $4.9 billion in the same month of 2015.
In the April-March period, exports declined by 15.9% to $261.1 billion compared to $310.3 billion in the same period of the previous Indian fiscal year while imports slid 15.3% to $379.6 billion. In this period, India’s trade deficit was reported at $118.5 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019