India’s import PVC market records fresh decreases
The PVC market has been on soft terms since end-November given a drastic decrease in trading activities amidst the government’s decision to withdraw the high-value banknotes from circulation. The overall range for ethylene based PVC k67 prices is currently quoted at $880-950/ton on a CIF India, cash equivalent basis, showing decreases of $30-50/ton when compared to last week.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A global trader reported selling Japanese PVC k67 at $950/ton CIF India, cash. “More competitive offers are achievable for deep sea origins like Russian, Argentinean, Brazilian and US. Sellers are willing to give additional discounts of around $20/ton after negotiations. We believe that our done deal level for Japanese origins is reasonable although not many buyers are interested in it. Demand is mostly coming from traders, rather than converters,” he noted.
A second trader reported that they placed a $30/ton lower bid at $900/ton CIF, cash for a South Korean PVC k67 offer. He commented, “Demand is currently quiet and we expect it to improve after the second half of January in line with the end of winter. The Taiwanese major was only able to sell out their January quota yesterday.”
Meanwhile, a source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC k67 producer stated that they lowered their offers by $85/ton from last week to $903/ton CIF India, cash. “We see thin demand from both export and local buyers,” he stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm