India’s import PVC market records fresh decreases
The PVC market has been on soft terms since end-November given a drastic decrease in trading activities amidst the government’s decision to withdraw the high-value banknotes from circulation. The overall range for ethylene based PVC k67 prices is currently quoted at $880-950/ton on a CIF India, cash equivalent basis, showing decreases of $30-50/ton when compared to last week.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
A global trader reported selling Japanese PVC k67 at $950/ton CIF India, cash. “More competitive offers are achievable for deep sea origins like Russian, Argentinean, Brazilian and US. Sellers are willing to give additional discounts of around $20/ton after negotiations. We believe that our done deal level for Japanese origins is reasonable although not many buyers are interested in it. Demand is mostly coming from traders, rather than converters,” he noted.
A second trader reported that they placed a $30/ton lower bid at $900/ton CIF, cash for a South Korean PVC k67 offer. He commented, “Demand is currently quiet and we expect it to improve after the second half of January in line with the end of winter. The Taiwanese major was only able to sell out their January quota yesterday.”
Meanwhile, a source from a Chinese acetylene based PVC k67 producer stated that they lowered their offers by $85/ton from last week to $903/ton CIF India, cash. “We see thin demand from both export and local buyers,” he stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines