India's industrial production declines in September
The decrease in the country’s industrial production was mostly attributed to slower manufacturing activities along with lower consumer durables output.
The country’s manufacturing sector declined to 3.4% year-on-year from 5.8% while consumer durable goods output slowed to 4.8% compared to 10.3% registered in the previous year.
Mining production, meanwhile, grew 7.9% in September from 3.1%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month