India’s manufacturing and services shrink in Dec
Similarly, the data showed that India’s services PMI also contracted for the second month in a row. The country’s services PMI stood at 46.8 in December, almost the same as 46.7 in November.
Economists attribute these decreases to the government’s decision to demonetize high value banknotes in the country, which is thought highly likely to cause Asia’s third biggest economy to slow down further in the near future and eventually lose its position among the world’s fastest growing economies.
India’s Prime Minister Modi had recently announced some measures to prevent the country’s economy from being negatively affected by the decision.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic