India’s petchem industry to almost triple by 2020: ASSOCHAM
The petrochemical sector is one of the fastest growing industries in India with a growth rate of 13% owing to persistently-increasing demand and reportedly forms 30% of India’s $120 billion chemical industry, which is set to reach $250 billion by 2020. Indian petrochemical producers are set to make new investments worth more than $25 billion to meet the country’s increasing demand, according to ASSOCHAM.
The report also showed that the country’s polymer consumption has reached 6.2 million tons, representing 3% of global consumption of 200 million tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question