India seeks global investors for oil and gas fields
India is mainly dependent on oil imports, but the country can also produce about 20% of its requirement. The country’s current oil production stands at around 37 million tons, however demand is growing. Last year, the total requirement of crude oil was at 225 million tons and about 78% of that was imported mostly from Gulf countries.
The fields are located in various areas such as Assam, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu with a potential production capacity of 625 million barrels of oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe