India seeks global investors for oil and gas fields
India is mainly dependent on oil imports, but the country can also produce about 20% of its requirement. The country’s current oil production stands at around 37 million tons, however demand is growing. Last year, the total requirement of crude oil was at 225 million tons and about 78% of that was imported mostly from Gulf countries.
The fields are located in various areas such as Assam, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu with a potential production capacity of 625 million barrels of oil.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia