India starts-up OpaL petchem project
The complex has a dual feed cracker with a capacity of 1,1 million tons/year of ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of propylene as well as polymerization, butadiene and benzene extraction units.
The company’s PP and PE plants are expected to reach 100% operating rates in a few months.
OPaL is a joint venture among Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), GAIL (India) Limited and Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect