India starts-up OpaL petchem project
The complex has a dual feed cracker with a capacity of 1,1 million tons/year of ethylene and 400,000 tons/year of propylene as well as polymerization, butadiene and benzene extraction units.
The company’s PP and PE plants are expected to reach 100% operating rates in a few months.
OPaL is a joint venture among Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), GAIL (India) Limited and Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months