India to set up a petchem complex in Maharashtra
The refinery’s construction is planned to start by March 2017. The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, affirmed that they are prepared to help the companies with the required clearance and land acquisition process, which has so far been a major obstacle for oil marketing companies hoping to build a refinery in the state.
According to data from the oil ministry’s statistics office, the Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), the country’s current refining capacity is approximately 220 million tons/year and demand is around 165 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers