Indian Oil seeks to build $3 billion petchem plant in Iran
The proposed petrochemical plant reportedly will use natural gas as feedstocks while the company is currently waiting for assurance of gas supply before proceeding with the investment. The plant is slated to have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year.
Indian Oil aims to benefit from low-cost ethane and natural gas as feedstock in the manufacturing of petrochemicals. Petrochemicals accounted for 4.4% of the company’s revenues in the year ended March 31, while accounting for around 39% of its operating income in the same period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months