Indian Oil to expand the capacity of its smallest refinery
In the first place, the oil processing capacity of the Nagapattinam plant, which is in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, will be increased to 120,000-180,000 barrels a day and then to 300,000 barrels a day, the reports reveal. IOC is also reported to be planning to increase the capacity of its Panipat refinery in northern India by 30% to 2.08 barrels a day.
India is forecast to have the largest share in world energy demand growth in the following years. It has consumed 183 MMt of refined products since last year, the data showed, and it is building new refineries as well as expanding the existing ones.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season