Indian Oil to expand the capacity of its smallest refinery
In the first place, the oil processing capacity of the Nagapattinam plant, which is in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, will be increased to 120,000-180,000 barrels a day and then to 300,000 barrels a day, the reports reveal. IOC is also reported to be planning to increase the capacity of its Panipat refinery in northern India by 30% to 2.08 barrels a day.
India is forecast to have the largest share in world energy demand growth in the following years. It has consumed 183 MMt of refined products since last year, the data showed, and it is building new refineries as well as expanding the existing ones.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins