Indian Oil to expand the capacity of its smallest refinery
In the first place, the oil processing capacity of the Nagapattinam plant, which is in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, will be increased to 120,000-180,000 barrels a day and then to 300,000 barrels a day, the reports reveal. IOC is also reported to be planning to increase the capacity of its Panipat refinery in northern India by 30% to 2.08 barrels a day.
India is forecast to have the largest share in world energy demand growth in the following years. It has consumed 183 MMt of refined products since last year, the data showed, and it is building new refineries as well as expanding the existing ones.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends
- Asian PP, PE markets to start 2022 on a bearish note
- PET bottle prices rise 40% in 2021 across Asia
- Egypt’s PVC markets set to end 2021 on weaker footing