Indian PE prices surface at competitive levels in Turkey
Accordingly, Indian cargos were offered between $1160-1200/ton for LDPE film CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash depending on the quality. LLDPE c4 film showed up at $1150/ton with the same terms, meanwhile. All these levels stood at or close to the low ends of the market.
A pipe converter purchased Indian HDPE pipe 100 (natural) at as low as $1260/ton with the same terms. “Indian PE cargos provided a competitive edge owing to their lower duty compared to other dutiable origins. They were also below the latest November offers given for duty-free Korean or Egyptian materials,” said the buyer.
Other offers that are subject to 6.5% customs duty, most of which were given for Middle Eastern origins, were priced at $1220-1240/ton for LDPE and $1160-1170/ton for LLDPE on CIF Turkey, cash basis. HDPE pipe 100 (natural) was offered at $1380-1390/ton FCA, meanwhile.
Turkey’s PE market has been on a bearish trend for the last one and a half month due to waning demand from manufacturers given sufficient inventories, discouraging end product markets and the weak Turkish lira. Import PE prices remained on a stable to softer path for another week in contrast to slightly recovering sentiment for PP recently.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines