Indian PP producer voices higher sell ideas to Turkey
The producer expects to offer homo PP raffia and injection cargos at $1120/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash next week, up $20/ton from their last transactions in July. “The market sentiment for August firmed up and traders took position. We believe that higher PP prices will gradually see acceptance from buyers,” a producer source commented.
Last week, the sentiment firmed up in Turkey’s import PP market owing to the higher local and import markets of China.
According to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, meanwhile, Turkey’s premium over China’s import homo PP market has narrowed to around $35/ton on a weekly average from as high as $125/ton in mid-June.
According to a widespread market talk, Middle Eastern producers are intending to issue price hikes for the nearing month to Turkey, where prices failed to move up throughout July given unsupportive demand. Players are expecting to hear fresh August prices from the region soon.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm