Indian PS prices see correction on thin demand in Turkey
Accordingly, import PS prices from India were reported at $1330/ton for GPPS and $1380/ton for HIPS, all on a CFR Turkey, subject to 3% customs duty, cash basis. These list prices indicate $30/ton softening for both products. An agent of an Indian supplier confirmed, “We are maintaining a relatively flexible pricing policy this week in line with the slight step backs observed in Asia amidst weaker styrene costs.”
PS prices are not likely to see further increases considering moderate demand in Turkey and Asia, whereas if traders return to their cautious stance in their replenishment activity, supply would once again tighten in June, the trader argued.
Upstream, spot styrene costs on an FOB South Korea basis were reported at around $1075/ton toward the end of this week. Although monomer costs have regained some lost ground recently, styrene prices in the region weakened earlier in April and remain $25/ton below early month levels.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem