Indian PS producer lifts prices to Turkey
Currently, Indian prices are at $1350/ton for GPPS and $1425/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% duty, cash. “Our supplier offered steady prices before withdrawing them to apply an upward revision due to the recent upward momentum in upstream chain. We are yet to gauge the reaction of our customers as it was a short working week due to a national holiday on Friday,” said the agent.
Turkey’s import PS market followed a bearish path for the last 3 months in the midst of discouraging buying appetite, the downturn in Asian and European downstream markets and sufficient availability. Now, players are questioning as to whether the rising styrene costs would help Turkey’s PS market reverse direction or not based on the developments in China. China’s PS market witnessed sellers’ hike attempts last week, which were met with skepticism due to the low season for several PS applications and the end of maintenance season for styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East