Indian PS producer lifts prices to Turkey
Currently, Indian prices are at $1350/ton for GPPS and $1425/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% duty, cash. “Our supplier offered steady prices before withdrawing them to apply an upward revision due to the recent upward momentum in upstream chain. We are yet to gauge the reaction of our customers as it was a short working week due to a national holiday on Friday,” said the agent.
Turkey’s import PS market followed a bearish path for the last 3 months in the midst of discouraging buying appetite, the downturn in Asian and European downstream markets and sufficient availability. Now, players are questioning as to whether the rising styrene costs would help Turkey’s PS market reverse direction or not based on the developments in China. China’s PS market witnessed sellers’ hike attempts last week, which were met with skepticism due to the low season for several PS applications and the end of maintenance season for styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia