Indian PS producer lifts prices to Turkey
Currently, Indian prices are at $1350/ton for GPPS and $1425/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% duty, cash. “Our supplier offered steady prices before withdrawing them to apply an upward revision due to the recent upward momentum in upstream chain. We are yet to gauge the reaction of our customers as it was a short working week due to a national holiday on Friday,” said the agent.
Turkey’s import PS market followed a bearish path for the last 3 months in the midst of discouraging buying appetite, the downturn in Asian and European downstream markets and sufficient availability. Now, players are questioning as to whether the rising styrene costs would help Turkey’s PS market reverse direction or not based on the developments in China. China’s PS market witnessed sellers’ hike attempts last week, which were met with skepticism due to the low season for several PS applications and the end of maintenance season for styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upcoming holidays, COVID spike pressure PS in Asia
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use