Indian PS producer lifts prices to Turkey
Currently, Indian prices are at $1350/ton for GPPS and $1425/ton for HIPS, CIF Turkey, subject to 3% duty, cash. “Our supplier offered steady prices before withdrawing them to apply an upward revision due to the recent upward momentum in upstream chain. We are yet to gauge the reaction of our customers as it was a short working week due to a national holiday on Friday,” said the agent.
Turkey’s import PS market followed a bearish path for the last 3 months in the midst of discouraging buying appetite, the downturn in Asian and European downstream markets and sufficient availability. Now, players are questioning as to whether the rising styrene costs would help Turkey’s PS market reverse direction or not based on the developments in China. China’s PS market witnessed sellers’ hike attempts last week, which were met with skepticism due to the low season for several PS applications and the end of maintenance season for styrene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops