Indian PVC players: Expected demand revival may not arrive in Sept
Sellers were initially hopeful about seeing better demand in September in line with the end of the monsoon season; however, nowadays they mostly concur that several holidays in the September-October period including Diwali Holiday (starting on October 18 to continue for 5 days) are expected restrain the expected improvement until the end of October.
A trader in Mumbai said, “Demand remains quite slow in India given the monsoon season as well as the GST implementation and we think it will improve after Diwali Holiday.”
Another trader commented, “End-users are not in a hurry to make purchases given holidays in September and October. For this reason, we think demand will remain mostly stable in September and we will see the peak season either in the end of October or in November. It is hard for producers to make sales while traders are also unable to raise their offers further.”
A third trader said, “We don’t think demand will improve in September given the present impacts of the monsoon season and the GST implementation.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC snaps an 8-month downtrend, players remain skeptical in Turkey
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows