Indian PVC players: Uncertainties over GST remain in place
A trader opined, “The outlook is cloudy given the uncertainties over GST. We believe that players will mostly adopt a wait and see attitude in the first two weeks of July until they get a clearer picture of the market. Demand has been remaining below expectations since January after the demonetization took effect as buyers, either small or large scaled, refrain from building any extra stocks.”
A second trader commented, “Although some sellers cut their offers to attract buying interest, demand remains quite slow in India as buyers are not interested in making fresh purchases given the ongoing uncertainties about GST. Supplies are ample while the monsoon season also continues to weigh on the overall sentiment.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China boosts polymer imports from US again despite shrinking overall imports in 2022
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December