Indian PVC players comment on Taiwanese major’s quick sell-off
Meanwhile, the major Taiwanese producer announced its January PVC offers to India with an increase of $20/ton from its December offers at $910/ton CIF India. Although some players were cautious about considering the long supplies in India ahead of the new pricing, the major’s decision came in line with most players’ initial firming expectations based on improving demand in the country.
An agent of the major producer noted, “The producer sold out its quota to India and it happened very fast this time.”
A trader reported that several Asian producers sold out their allocation to India. “Demand comes from both end-users and traders,” he added.
Another trader commented, “The Taiwanese major sold out quickly within the announcement day. However, we think this is not big news considering that the volume allocated to the Indian market was not high. We expect other producers to give offers at around $900-910/ton CIF level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year