Indian PVC players comment on Taiwanese major’s quick sell-off
Meanwhile, the major Taiwanese producer announced its January PVC offers to India with an increase of $20/ton from its December offers at $910/ton CIF India. Although some players were cautious about considering the long supplies in India ahead of the new pricing, the major’s decision came in line with most players’ initial firming expectations based on improving demand in the country.
An agent of the major producer noted, “The producer sold out its quota to India and it happened very fast this time.”
A trader reported that several Asian producers sold out their allocation to India. “Demand comes from both end-users and traders,” he added.
Another trader commented, “The Taiwanese major sold out quickly within the announcement day. However, we think this is not big news considering that the volume allocated to the Indian market was not high. We expect other producers to give offers at around $900-910/ton CIF level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July
- Turkey’s PP markets rise around 10% in a month
- India PVC sees first hike attempts after weeks of declines
- Import PE increases lose momentum in China, except for LDPE
- Downtrend continues into July in Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets
- Pace of PS drops in Asia slackens; ABS downtrend in full swing