Indian PVC players comment on Taiwanese major’s quick sell-off
Meanwhile, the major Taiwanese producer announced its January PVC offers to India with an increase of $20/ton from its December offers at $910/ton CIF India. Although some players were cautious about considering the long supplies in India ahead of the new pricing, the major’s decision came in line with most players’ initial firming expectations based on improving demand in the country.
An agent of the major producer noted, “The producer sold out its quota to India and it happened very fast this time.”
A trader reported that several Asian producers sold out their allocation to India. “Demand comes from both end-users and traders,” he added.
Another trader commented, “The Taiwanese major sold out quickly within the announcement day. However, we think this is not big news considering that the volume allocated to the Indian market was not high. We expect other producers to give offers at around $900-910/ton CIF level.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure