Indian PVC players evaluate the Taiwanese major’s July announcement
The producer’s new offers are currently standing at $930/ton CIF India, cash and at $870/ton CFR China/CIF SEA, cash.
A trader in Mumbai noted, “We think the major’s rollover is a positive move and it may help the market sentiment although the market is expected to be weak given the implementation of GST at the beginning of July.”
Another trader noted, “The Taiwanese major informed us that they are receiving good orders from the Indian local market. However, we believe that Indian traders have low buying interest nowadays given the uncertainty caused by the implementation of GST.”
A third trader pointed out that the Taiwanese major’s July allocation to India is 15,000 tons, which is slightly lower than the previous months. Both traders and buyers are calm nowadays due to GST. “We have no idea about how much time the market needs to adopt the tax,” he said.
A trader in Mumbai also stated that they expect stable demand despite the rollover, pointing to GST and the monsoon season.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out