Indian producer announces local PVC, PP offers higher
The producer’s offers currently stand at INR70000/ton ($1045/ton) for PVC and at INR82500/ton ($1231/ton) for PP raffia on an ex-warehouse India, cash basis. Other PP offers of the producer are yet to be captured.
A company source commented, “Rains are slowing and the monsoon season is nearing an end. Accordingly, demand is starting to improve in our domestic market. Traditionally buyers from the construction and automotive sectors will return to buy in September and October. We even saw some rebound in PP cement bags in recent weeks.” He also said that the 3-week shutdown at Indian Oil Corporation helped cause demand to show some improvement. “As we are not under much inventory pressure, we consider gradual cuts in our export allocations,” he added.
Ahead of this increase announcement, a trader had commented, “Buying interest in India improved substantially following rumors about a possible price hike from the major domestic producer.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets