Indian producer raises local PVC prices
“We continue to supply the local market regularly,” a source close to the company stated. The producer’s new prices are effective as of March 19, 2015.
An Indian pipe manufacturer reported purchasing some PVC from the producer at their new price level. He commented, “The producer lifted their offers by INR1500/ton ($24/ton). Local demand remains strong and is expected to remain firm for the next couple of months. Supplies are short; however some import cargoes are expected to arrive to India by the end of March. We think that buyers will continue to purchase until May.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East