Indonesia and Japan await results of public hearing for ADD on Chinese PET
A Chinese buyer operating in the Indonesian market noted, “The public hearing regarding the implementation of the ADD was held on yesterday and Chinese producers have submitted more supportive documents to KADI. Now we are waiting for further notice.”
A Jakarta-based buyer said, “The result of the ADD investigation is not clear yet and therefore we prefer to keep our purchases on hold for now and wait for clearer results.”
A Malaysian converter commented, “We think that Chinese PET will lose market share in Indonesia due to the ADD. We are planning to wait before making any purchases until a clearer picture is drawn for Indonesia.”
In the meantime, Japan is also preparing to implement anti-dumping duties on imports of Chinese PET, according to market players. In September 2016, the Japanese government had started an anti-dumping investigation for PET imports from China.
A source from an Indonesian producer opined, “Japan’s Ministry of Finance announced result of anti-dumping on Chinese PET today. Accordingly, Chinese producers’ dumping acts were found affirmative with a rate between 40.41-53.85%. For now, the official rate of the anti-dumping duty to be imposed is unknown. Plus, we are waiting for KADI’s announcement as well.”
A Shanghai –based buyer speculated plans of Indonesia and Japan to implement anti-dumping duties on China origin imports as a disadvantage for Chinese producers. “We heard about the anti-dumping duty on Chinese PET imports to Japan today. If it becomes official, China may only sell the 1% of its current volume to Japan. We now consider selling to Thailand, India, Taiwan, South Korea and the Middle East,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year