Indonesia keeps interest rates unchanged
The Central Bank said US Federal Reserve’s recent rate hike, the results of the UK election, a possible decrease in commodity prices, particularly in oil pose risks to the economic recovery. It also highlighted the domestic risks such as the effect of adjusting prices on inflation as well as the ongoing reinforcement in the corporate and banking sectors.
The bank maintained its growth forecast of 5-5.4% for 2017 on the back of the increasing exports and investments as well as strong household consumption.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce