Indonesia keeps interest rates unchanged
The Central Bank said US Federal Reserve’s recent rate hike, the results of the UK election, a possible decrease in commodity prices, particularly in oil pose risks to the economic recovery. It also highlighted the domestic risks such as the effect of adjusting prices on inflation as well as the ongoing reinforcement in the corporate and banking sectors.
The bank maintained its growth forecast of 5-5.4% for 2017 on the back of the increasing exports and investments as well as strong household consumption.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply supports SEA import PP market at 5-year highs
- Asian PS, ABS markets shoot up on production upsets, soaring styrene
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia