Indonesia plans to cut three zeroes from rupiah
The bank emphasized the importance of making this change when the economy is stable and said that the introduction of new currency will not have a negative impact on purchasing power and on prices in the country given the stability of the economic situation of the country.
A similar plan had come into question four years ago but it was abandoned after the US Federal Reserve withdrew stimulus and caused a crisis in emerging market assets.
Economists argued that the banking sector and financial system need a transition period to implement the denomination plan to avoid any possible damage to the economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs