Indonesia plans to cut three zeroes from rupiah
The bank emphasized the importance of making this change when the economy is stable and said that the introduction of new currency will not have a negative impact on purchasing power and on prices in the country given the stability of the economic situation of the country.
A similar plan had come into question four years ago but it was abandoned after the US Federal Reserve withdrew stimulus and caused a crisis in emerging market assets.
Economists argued that the banking sector and financial system need a transition period to implement the denomination plan to avoid any possible damage to the economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins