Indonesia plans to cut three zeroes from rupiah
The bank emphasized the importance of making this change when the economy is stable and said that the introduction of new currency will not have a negative impact on purchasing power and on prices in the country given the stability of the economic situation of the country.
A similar plan had come into question four years ago but it was abandoned after the US Federal Reserve withdrew stimulus and caused a crisis in emerging market assets.
Economists argued that the banking sector and financial system need a transition period to implement the denomination plan to avoid any possible damage to the economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East