Indonesia plans to cut three zeroes from rupiah
The bank emphasized the importance of making this change when the economy is stable and said that the introduction of new currency will not have a negative impact on purchasing power and on prices in the country given the stability of the economic situation of the country.
A similar plan had come into question four years ago but it was abandoned after the US Federal Reserve withdrew stimulus and caused a crisis in emerging market assets.
Economists argued that the banking sector and financial system need a transition period to implement the denomination plan to avoid any possible damage to the economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe