Indonesia’s Chandra Asri Petrochemical shuts its cracker
The cracker is able to produce 600,000 tons/year of ethylene and 320,000 tons/year of propylene.
The shutdown is expected to last for less than 2 weeks and it was not clear at the time of publication as to whether or not the facility’s downstream units, which include 480,000 tons/year of PP capacity and 336,000 tons/year of PE capacity, were affected by the cracker shutdown.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops