Indonesia’s Chandra Asri to shut its cracker in Sept
The source stated, “We expect to see a slight upward movement in the PE market through the end of this year as our shutdown as well as another regional producer’s shutdown will affect ethylene supplies across the region.”
Chandra Asri’s cracker is able to produce 600,000 tons/year of ethylene and 320,000 tons/year of propylene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient