Indonesia’s Pertamina plans to invest in two oilfields in Iran
Iran’s Ab-Teymor and Mansouri oilfields are located onshore and Pertamina will be able to examine these areas for six months within the frame of this agreement. It is estimated that these oilfields’ overall reserves contain more than 5 billion barrels.
President Director & CEO of Pertamina, Dwi Soejipto remarked that Pertamina gives precedence to Iran and they seriously plan to invest in Iran’s upstream oil and gas in order to increase Iran’s oil production.
Media reports noted that Iran’s crude oil output increased to about 3.6 million barrels/day after the lifting of international sanctions. Iran is the sixth largest oil producer in the world. In the next few months, Iran may be able to regain its pre-sanctions market share.
Meanwhile, the first liquid petroleum gas (LPG) shipment is going to be imported from Iran in September by Pertamina.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years