Indonesia’s Pertamina plans to invest in two oilfields in Iran
Iran’s Ab-Teymor and Mansouri oilfields are located onshore and Pertamina will be able to examine these areas for six months within the frame of this agreement. It is estimated that these oilfields’ overall reserves contain more than 5 billion barrels.
President Director & CEO of Pertamina, Dwi Soejipto remarked that Pertamina gives precedence to Iran and they seriously plan to invest in Iran’s upstream oil and gas in order to increase Iran’s oil production.
Media reports noted that Iran’s crude oil output increased to about 3.6 million barrels/day after the lifting of international sanctions. Iran is the sixth largest oil producer in the world. In the next few months, Iran may be able to regain its pre-sanctions market share.
Meanwhile, the first liquid petroleum gas (LPG) shipment is going to be imported from Iran in September by Pertamina.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe