Indonesia’s Pertamina to upgrade Balongan refinery alone
The upgrade will increase the company’s crude refining capacity to 240,000 barrels/day from 125,000 barrels/day and is expected to be completed in 2020.
Indonesia started refinery upgrade plans three years ago and signed memoranda of understanding with Saudi Aramco, China’s Sinopec, Japan’s JX Nippon Oil and Energy and Russia’s Rosneft as part of these plans.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook