Indonesia’s Pertamina to upgrade Balongan refinery alone
The upgrade will increase the company’s crude refining capacity to 240,000 barrels/day from 125,000 barrels/day and is expected to be completed in 2020.
Indonesia started refinery upgrade plans three years ago and signed memoranda of understanding with Saudi Aramco, China’s Sinopec, Japan’s JX Nippon Oil and Energy and Russia’s Rosneft as part of these plans.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS