Indonesia’s Q2 economic growth falls below expectations
The deceleration in the economy’s growth was attributed to lower public spending, which accounts for more than half of the total GDP of the country.
The latest data also showed that government spending fell 1.9% on a yearly basis while investment rose 5.35% compared to the same quarter of 2016. The construction sector also grew by 6.96% on a year over year basis. In addition, growth in exports also slowed to 3.5% in the April-June period compared the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?