Indonesia to sign FTA with Australia
The Minister of Trade of Indonesia, Thomas Trikasih Lembong, said that the CEPA would be advantageous in terms of boosting non-oil and gas exports. According to Lembong, Indonesia has neglected downstream industry owing to its well-functioning commodity sector while its rivals attracted investments and enabled free trade agreements. Now, they are looking to improve the country’s performance in service sectors and lifestyle products such as clothing, furniture and jewelry. In 2015, the value of Indonesian jewelry exports reached $5 billion.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market