Indonesian PE players: Local supplies are tight
A Jakarta-based trader commented, “Local PE supplies are limited since both domestic and regional producers are lowering their production rates given strong ethylene. Traders operating in the local market are standing firm on their offers by pointing to their low stock levels.”
A film packaging converter noted, “Although we initially expected PE prices to soften in November given weak demand, prices have firmed up recently as HDPE and LLDPE supplies are tight in the local market.”
A source from a local producer said, “We have already sold out our HDPE and LLDPE allocations for December to the local market while we are now not giving any offers to buyers other than our regular customers. Meanwhile, we heard that another domestic producer is running its PE plant at lower rates given higher spot ethylene prices.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes