Indonesian PE players: Local supplies are tight
A Jakarta-based trader commented, “Local PE supplies are limited since both domestic and regional producers are lowering their production rates given strong ethylene. Traders operating in the local market are standing firm on their offers by pointing to their low stock levels.”
A film packaging converter noted, “Although we initially expected PE prices to soften in November given weak demand, prices have firmed up recently as HDPE and LLDPE supplies are tight in the local market.”
A source from a local producer said, “We have already sold out our HDPE and LLDPE allocations for December to the local market while we are now not giving any offers to buyers other than our regular customers. Meanwhile, we heard that another domestic producer is running its PE plant at lower rates given higher spot ethylene prices.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Correction: China, SEA PE markets continue downtrend as Nov ends, what lies ahead in Dec?
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November