Indonesian PP emerges at competitive level in Philippines
The buyer commented, “We found the Indonesian supplier’s offer level to be quite attractive. However, we are not sure about importing at the moment as prices may drop below the $1000/ton threshold by the time our cargoes arrive. Plus, considering the current market conditions, we believe that PP prices still have room for additional decreases.”
In the Philippines, import homo-PP raffia prices currently stand at $1030-1050/ton on a CIF, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?