Indonesian buyer receives lower PVC prices for Nov
The buyer stated, “We are planning to secure some cargoes by the end of this week. However, we are planning to monitor the market before deciding our position as demand for our end products has not significantly improved yet.” According to the buyer, the polymer markets will see the impact of the recent drops in crude oil prices in the near term.
Meanwhile, an Indonesian compounder also stated that they received k58 prices from their suppliers with a decrease of $20/ton from October at $1120/ton on an FD Indonesia, 30 days deferred payment basis. He commented, “We are waiting for another producer to announce their prices before deciding on our purchase. Demand for our end products is not strong nowadays and we hope that prices will witness some further declines in line with lower crude oil prices.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets