Indonesian majors to develop coal-to-chemicals project
Accordingly, the companies are expected to carry out a feasibility study in order to develop a coal-based polymer production project.
The plant, which will use coal as feedstock, is slated to start production by late 2022. The plant will also produce 450,000 tons/year of PP to meet the country’s growing demand.
The companies did not reveal the details about the amount of the investment at the time of the publication.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?