Indonesian majors to develop coal-to-chemicals project
Accordingly, the companies are expected to carry out a feasibility study in order to develop a coal-based polymer production project.
The plant, which will use coal as feedstock, is slated to start production by late 2022. The plant will also produce 450,000 tons/year of PP to meet the country’s growing demand.
The companies did not reveal the details about the amount of the investment at the time of the publication.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Escalating shipping costs hinder polymer demand in China, SE Asia
- Conditions in place for oil rally to continue, but potential headwinds lie ahead
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds