Indonesian players: LLDPE supply remains tight
A trader reported receiving a higher number of inquiries from their customers when compared to last month due to tight LLDPE supply in Indonesia.
Another converter reported last week that LLDPE supply in the local market is limited and therefore, import LLDPE also is still being offered at firm levels.
According to a converter, local producers Chandra Asri and Lotte Titan have no LLDPE cargoes to sell.
Meanwhile, a masterbatch producer in Malaysia supplying materials from Indonesia said, “An Indonesian producer has tight supplies for LLDPE materials. Therefore, we made purchases.”
Local PE offers in Indonesia currently stand at IDR16,900,000/ton ($1263/ton) for LLDPE film and at IDR18,790,000/ton ($1405/ton) for LLDPE injection all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East