Indonesian players: LLDPE supply remains tight
A trader reported receiving a higher number of inquiries from their customers when compared to last month due to tight LLDPE supply in Indonesia.
Another converter reported last week that LLDPE supply in the local market is limited and therefore, import LLDPE also is still being offered at firm levels.
According to a converter, local producers Chandra Asri and Lotte Titan have no LLDPE cargoes to sell.
Meanwhile, a masterbatch producer in Malaysia supplying materials from Indonesia said, “An Indonesian producer has tight supplies for LLDPE materials. Therefore, we made purchases.”
Local PE offers in Indonesia currently stand at IDR16,900,000/ton ($1263/ton) for LLDPE film and at IDR18,790,000/ton ($1405/ton) for LLDPE injection all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record