Indonesian players gauge plan on cutting zeroes from rupiah
Following the news, Indonesian players evaluated the central bank’s plan and made comments on the possible impacts. Some of them see this as a harmless move while some are expecting to see some small effects.
A trader commented, “We believe that cutting three zeroes from the rupiah shouldn’t have any impacts as the value of the currency will remain the same.”
A converter said, “About taking three zeroes off from the rupiah; we are not sure how this would impact the economy. Yet, we are not influenced so far.”
Another converter opined, “We think that the removal of three zeroes from the rupiah will have minimal impacts. The move does not plan to take money out off the market, it’s just a replacement.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops