Indonesian producer cuts domestic PP, PE prices
For PP, the producer lowered their prices by $60/ton for raffia and injection, $100/ton for homo-PP film, $40/ton for PP random copolymer and BOPP and by $65/ton for PP block copolymer, bringing their prices to $1520/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, to $1570/ton for PP film, BOPP and coating, to $1675/ton for block copolymer injection and to $1680/ton for random copolymer injection, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
For PE, the producer lowered their prices by $70/ton for all grades, bringing their new prices to $1540/ton for HDPE film, HDPE blow moulding and LLDPE film, to $1520/ton for HDPE injection, to $1590/ton for HDPE pipe (PE100) and to $1630/ton for LLDPE injection, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
"Prices are not seeing any support from either downstream or upstream markets nowadays. We are not feeling optimistic about the near term outlook and we think that prices might not stabilize until the new year," a producer source commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets