Indonesian producer cuts domestic PP, PE prices
For PP, the producer lowered their prices by $60/ton for raffia and injection, $100/ton for homo-PP film, $40/ton for PP random copolymer and BOPP and by $65/ton for PP block copolymer, bringing their prices to $1520/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia, to $1570/ton for PP film, BOPP and coating, to $1675/ton for block copolymer injection and to $1680/ton for random copolymer injection, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
For PE, the producer lowered their prices by $70/ton for all grades, bringing their new prices to $1540/ton for HDPE film, HDPE blow moulding and LLDPE film, to $1520/ton for HDPE injection, to $1590/ton for HDPE pipe (PE100) and to $1630/ton for LLDPE injection, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
"Prices are not seeing any support from either downstream or upstream markets nowadays. We are not feeling optimistic about the near term outlook and we think that prices might not stabilize until the new year," a producer source commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market