Indonesian producer cuts import PVC prices for May
The source commented, “Buyers are hesitant to purchase nowadays while we may consider reducing our import allocation due to the recent jump in ethylene costs.”
Meanwhile, the producer maintained their domestic prices at $970-1000/ton FD Indonesia, cash. “Local demand from the packaging sector has started to show some signs of improvement ahead of the approaching Lebaran holidays in July,” the source stated.
In Southeast Asia, overall PVC k67 prices are currently reported in the range of $860-900/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand