Indonesian producer issues decreases on local PP, PE prices
The source stated that they lowered their PE prices by $20/ton for LLDPE and by $30/ton for HDPE while their PP prices are down by $30/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and by $70/ton for PP block copolymer. The producer, meanwhile, maintained their homo-PP film, coating and BOPP prices.
The producer’s PE prices currently stand at $1230/ton for LLDPE film, at $1330/ton for LLDPE injection, at $1240/ton for HDPE film and blow moulding, at $1220/ton for HDPE injection and at $1260/ton for HDPE pipe (PE100), all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis. Their PP prices are at $1270/ton for PP block copolymer, at $1260/ton PP random copolymer, at $1220/ton for PP coating and BOPP, at $1140/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and at $1210/ton for homo-PP film with the same terms.
“Demand is still not strong as buyers continue to purchase on a needs only basis while new import prices are being announced with decreases. We had been hoping that the recent strengthening in spot propylene costs would help support PP prices, but ongoing decreases in the import market are maintaining downward pressure on the local market,” the source commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins