Indonesian producer lifts local PE prices
The producer’s PE offers currently stand at $1510/ton for LLDPE film, HDPE film, HDPE injection and HDPE pipe (PE100), at $1600/ton for LLDPE injection and at $1550/ton for HDPE blow moulding, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
For PP, the producer maintained their prices, except for homo-PP film, which they lifted by $10/ton. Their PP offers are now at $1570/ton for PP block copolymer injection, at $1590/ton for PP random copolymer injection, at $1510/ton for homo-PP coating and BOPP, at $1450/ton for raffia and injection and at $1500/ton for homo-PP film with the same terms.
The source commented, “Demand is not as strong as before as the weaker local currency and higher polymer prices have damaged buying interest. However, we are still receiving inquiries from converters operating in the flexible packaging sector.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand