Indonesian producer lifts local PE prices
The producer’s PE prices currently stand at $1550/ton for LLDPE film, HDPE pipe and b/m, at $1640/ton for LLDPE injection and at $1540/ton for HDPE film and injection, all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis. For PP, they are still offering PP injection and raffia at $1450/ton, PP film at $1500/ton, coating and BOPP at $1510/ton, PP block copolymer at $1570/ton and PP random copolymer at $1590/ton with the same terms.
“Local demand is not that strong. However, we think that PE prices will remain firm over the near term as ethylene supplies are still tight," he commented.
At the start of the week, the local producer had implemented an increase of $20/ton on their LLDPE film and injection prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect