Indonesian producer lifts local PP prices, PE unchanged
Players reported that the producer’s PP prices currently stand at IDR15,850,000/ton ($1210/ton) for raffia and injection, at IDR16,420,000/ton ($1254/ton) for coating, at IDR16,040,000-16,710,000/ton ($1225-1276/ton) for film and at IDR16,300,000/ton ($1245/ton) for BOPP, all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
Meanwhile, the producer’s local PE prices stand at IDR16,630,000/ton ($1270/ton) for LLDPE film, at IDR18,370,000/ton ($1403/ton) for LLDPE injection, at IDR16,030,000/ton ($1225/ton) for HDPE film and at IDR16,730,000/ton ($1278/ton) for HDPE pipe (PE100), all on an FD Jabodetabek, Indonesia, cash basis.
A source from the producer had reported earlier that they are planning to halt production at their PP plant for maintenance in November. The plant houses three production lines, each of which is able to produce 160,000 tons/year of PP while it is slated to remain offline for two weeks.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019