Indonesian producer lowers domestic PP prices
"We lowered our PP prices due to comfortable supply levels for PP while we left our PE prices steady owing to relatively tighter supply for PE in the local market," a producer source commented. A woven bag manufacturer who also reported receiving lower prices from the producer added, "We still do not find local prices to be attractive as the landed cost of raffia imports comes to around $1640-1650/ton FD. We plan to wait for a while longer before making any purchases as we think that we might be able to obtain additional discounts in the days ahead."
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm