Indonesian producer sells out Aug PVC quota to SE Asia
The source stated, “In terms of demand, Southeast Asia is the weakest market in the Asia region. However, demand started to slightly improve in Malaysia and Indonesia following the end of the Hari Raya holidays. We sold quite well to the Malaysian market as there is a shortage of acetylene-based PVC supply from China amidst environmental issues and shutdowns. We think the market outlook is firm given better demand and reduced PVC supplies.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia