Indonesian producer starts week with PP, PE increases
For PP, they initially raised their prices by $20/ton for PP block copolymer, homo-PP coating and BOPP, by $30/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and by $30-40/ton for homo-PP film when compared to their prices at the end of last week. After that, they implemented further increases of $20/ton for PP block copolymer, coating and film, and $10/ton for raffia.
The source commented, “Demand remains healthy while we are able to sell PP at a premium against PE as our PP supplies are tighter. We expect that the current firming trend will remain in place for the next couple of weeks as most plants which are currently offline for maintenance will be restarted at the end of March.”
The producer’s PE prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LLDPE film, at $1460/ton for LLDPE injection, at $1370/ton for HDPE film, at $1360/ton for HDPE injection and at $1380/ton for HDPE blow moulding and pipe (PE100), all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
They currently offer PP block copolymer at $1510/ton, PP random copolymer at $1530/ton, homo-PP coating at $1450/ton, raffia at $1400/ton, injection at $1390/ton, film at $1430/ton and BOPP at $1440/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced