Indonesian producer starts week with PP, PE increases
For PP, they initially raised their prices by $20/ton for PP block copolymer, homo-PP coating and BOPP, by $30/ton for homo-PP raffia and injection and by $30-40/ton for homo-PP film when compared to their prices at the end of last week. After that, they implemented further increases of $20/ton for PP block copolymer, coating and film, and $10/ton for raffia.
The source commented, “Demand remains healthy while we are able to sell PP at a premium against PE as our PP supplies are tighter. We expect that the current firming trend will remain in place for the next couple of weeks as most plants which are currently offline for maintenance will be restarted at the end of March.”
The producer’s PE prices currently stand at $1350/ton for LLDPE film, at $1460/ton for LLDPE injection, at $1370/ton for HDPE film, at $1360/ton for HDPE injection and at $1380/ton for HDPE blow moulding and pipe (PE100), all on an FD Indonesia, cash basis.
They currently offer PP block copolymer at $1510/ton, PP random copolymer at $1530/ton, homo-PP coating at $1450/ton, raffia at $1400/ton, injection at $1390/ton, film at $1430/ton and BOPP at $1440/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe